Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Thoughts About Non-Fiction Texts

When I was younger I had the best time reading informational animal texts. I was a big animal lover, and these books taught me so much about the anmimals that I loved. I think informational texts are great to use with any age because they can teach you so much in a fun way. It's almost like you don't know that you're learning; you're simply reading a good book. The same things goes for biographies. There is nothing better than reading a good book about one of your heroes. I loved reading books about Abraham Lincoln, Paul Revere, and Anne Frank growing up. These were people that I could look up, and these things really happened. I think children get that, and thats what makes them excited about reading this type of literature.

No comments: